LibreCAD and the GPLv2¶
LibreCAD is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2) as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
The GPLv2 can also be found in the licenses folder as gpl-2.0.txt.
QCAD community edition version 184.108.40.206 was released under the GPLv2. > Copyright (C) 2001-2003 RibbonSoft. All rights reserved.
LibreCAD is a fork of QCAD community edition version 220.127.116.11; therefore, any modifications of or additions to the program are also released under the GPLv2.
The project’s first commit on Github was Aug 16, 2010.
Rights holders of the code¶
Some of the following may be composites of multiple copyright notices.
- 1999, 2001, 2007 Frank Warmerdam
- 2001-2003 RibbonSoft. All rights reserved.
- 2004-2014 Ingo Berg
- 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015 R. van Twisk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2011-2015 Dongxu Li (email@example.com)
- 2011-2015 José F. Soriano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2014 cgrzemba (email@example.com)
- 2014 Pavel Krejcir (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2014-2015 Christian Luginbühl (email@example.com)
- 2015 A. Stebich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2015-2016 ravas (github.com/r-a-v-a-s)
Rights holders of the fonts¶
Rights holders of the art¶
- 2011 Diego Alejandro Torres M. “Daltom Designer” (http://daltom.2082studio.com)
- 2011 Pablo Ramrez Alem (www.librecad.com.ar)
These are known contributors whose copyright notice could not be found.
- Claude Sylvain | <email@example.com>
- Scott Howard | <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer | <email@example.com>
A list of contributors to the LibreCAD repository can be found at: <https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/graphs/contributors>
Licenses of bundled content¶
The LibreCAD source code is released as a whole under the GPLv2. The following refers to the licenses used by these resources, when they were released independently from LibreCAD.
The SVG icons in librecad/res/icons were all released under the CC0 license.
libdxfrw was released under GPLv2 “or any later version”.
muParser was released under the MIT license.
Shapelib was released under a “MIT Style” license or LGPLv2.
The AZOmix fonts were released under the KST32B version 2.0 license.
The Amiri font was released under the Open Font License.
The Hershey Fonts were originally created by Dr. A. V. Hershey while working at the U. S. National Bureau of Standards. The format of the Font data in this distribution was originally created by:
James Hurt Cognition, Inc. 900 Technology Park Drive Billerica, MA 01821